And that's as much Latin as I needed for the title... As Journey once sang,
“The mist is slowly lifting
The sound of life misplaced your mind
You're sitting, spellbound through out time
I hope that you remember what you find
Singin' more of a lifetime”
And both Nandita and I continue to enjoy the experiential blow-away more than a 100 days later.
In the interval, we’ve managed to squeeze in quite a few things: terrace parties in Chennai (a new high for an acrophobic me) - meeting old friends in Bangalore at the 13th Floor (Standing on Higher Ground, a'la Alan Parsons?) - consular office visits - visa blues - British Air - losing our bags at JFK - jet lagging - her first deep freeze experience in Rochester's sub zero climes - retrieving our bags in Rochester - spending New Years Eve in NYC with our other brethren (met up with Deepak and Lavanya as well as the one and only irrepressible Gudur) - exploring the dives in the Greenwich area - mall ratting and shopping like there’s no tomorrow - watching movies the old-fashioned way (holding hands, lots of popcorn and Coke) - playing the occasional game of scrabble - went Greek (in case you were getting any ideas, we decided to stick just with their cuisine) - skiing at Swain Mountain (I actually discovered and sprained a few muscles below my coccygeal area that I earlier never knew existed) - wine tasting at some 7-8 vineyards in the Cayuga Lake area (a ferpect way to shpend a Shunday, hic!!!) - driving up to an almost deserted Niagara Falls and back (its quite peaceful without the touristy crowd, moi excepted of course) - amongst others.
Anyways I've suddenly got writer's block now and there's a hot breakfast waiting for me... so methinks, I gosta go... You should have seen some of the pics by now... my better half is more diligent than I am in mailing them out...
Here's wishing we both keeping singin' more through our lifetime... and remembering to be digging it while it's happening because it just might be a one shot deal each of those occasions!!!
Peace
S
1 comment:
Congrats on passing that 100 day milestone!! ...and also for ending the rather long hiatus at scribbling on your blogsite!
my own jamboree is coming up around Sep'05 and perhaps through a random access memory, can't help reminiscing what I once read somewhere, which goes like this:
"I love being married. It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life."
........with my incorrigible ways of being, I know I have truck loads of annoyance to offer!!!!!
warm wishes to both you guys!!!!!
Susheel
Post a Comment